Sunday, October 25, 2009

David's B-day and Where the wild things are movie....

Well my son David's birthday was on Wednesday. He turned 5. He was so excited to go to school. He got a birthday crown and a yoyo and a certificate. I also helped in his class that day. They did jump roping and patterns. David loves patterns and matching.
After school Grandma took him to see Where The Wild Things Are. It was a good movie, to me though dialog wise it's more for the tween age to understand. I loved the book as a kid and was happy that they made it into a movie. But with it being a short book of course they needed to add more to it in order to make a movie. There's references on divorce. David was only interested when something was going on. The dialog was kinda above his level.
To for warn you if you have little ones that want to see it, it is a tad scary when Max first meets the Wild things, there is a lot of ruff-housing and there is a scene with biting. Me and my husband think that if your little ones want to see it, we suggest to see it yourself first and make your own decision to let the kids see it.

Saturday we had David's birthday party. We were low on funds so we had his party at home. I made a cake for him. It was confetti cake with blue icing and the decorations were of course Transformers. Bumble Bee is his favorite. That's also what he's going to be for Halloween. He had fun, we had just family. Unfortunately he's the only one under 15 on both sides of the family. But he didn't mind. Next year he'll have more friends from school he'll be able to invite.

Well this was my ramblings for the week. Hope you enjoyed my little movie review. Have a great new week. Keep the good crafts flowing.. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cinematography of WTWTA was impressive, no doubt, but it seemed to be missing a "spark" of some kind... maybe it was just too low energy from beginning to end for me (or at least after the first ten minutes)

Rae said...

I agree. it was slow to start and then it felt like it began to drag on. My son actually asked to leave during the movie. I felt bad since my m-in-l took him for his birthday.